We Show Cougar Pride When We Give FIVE!

1. Follow directions

2. Use kind words

3. Keep my hands and feet to myself

4. Make safe choices

5. DO MY BEST!

Thursday, June 6, 2013

We'll miss you! Happy Summer!!

First, the poem I promised you last week, written by Lucy, Clare, Stephanie, Rithika, Sasha, Rachel, Caylin, and Rachel in 5th Grade for Ultimate Cheer Day!

The first day of school may be a fright, but in the end it will turn out alright, you'll meet new friends and teachers along the way, to make the year full of fun and play.
Being kind is the Kildeer law, so that's why we deserve a Cougar Paw!
We love our teachers, we love our best friends, and hope the school year never ends.
Let's give a clap for Champ, although he's sometimes a scamp, he's funny, but kind...LET'S GO CHAMP!
This year we won a Blue Ribbon.  It was because of us children, we had a big party, we had so much fun, we are the best children out of everyone.
The year starts out with 1,2,3, but now it's time for A,B,C
We're so sad on the last day, to leave Kildeer, we wish we could stay!!!



As I drove into Kildeer this morning, I had flashbacks of leaving for summer on the last day of school as a kid.  Wind in my hair, sun on my face, homework and test free for the whole summer!  Picture that scene in Grease when the kids burst out of the front doors of the school, running and jumping and hugging...it felt just like that.  My heart was sad this morning, thinking about the kids leaving for the summer and missing them, knowing that they couldn't wait to burst through our doors and finally be to their carefree summer days.

The staff and I make a farewell line to bid students goodbye as they hop onto their buses and scurry into your cars.  All the sudden, I noticed that the memories I held about the last day of school were going to be completely different than our last few minutes of the 2012-13 school year.  What did I see? TEARS!  Children, staff, and me too!  We were a mess!!  Not that I want your children to cry...of course not!  But I couldn't be more proud to be in a school where kids say, "I don't want to leave!  We love school!"  Does it get better than that?  I say it all the time...we are a school family.  Kildeer is a place where bonds are tight, hearts are filled, and the passion and zest for learning is palpable.  

Parents, we thank you so much for your support, trust, and most of all, the love you give your children to mold them into the wonderful kids that they are and adults they'll grow into.  We're honored to play a part in their lives.

5th graders, we send you into the world of Woodlawn.  Remember, you're always a Kildeer Cougar!  Hold these memories in your heart.  We know we will!

Sincerely, 
Jenny Smith & the Kildeer Staff